49.000.000 people are directly or indirectly part of building industry. That’s about 7,6 % of European Union workforce.
- 70% of european population lives in cities.
- We spend 80% of our time inside buildings: home, office, shops…
- 47% of energy is used by buidings, especially for heating and cooling systems, and water heating systems.
- 27% GHG produced by transport.
- 21% GHG produced by buildings.
Kyoto protocol, since February 16, 2005 is accepted by European Union. Thanks to changes of law and regulation, financial help, education and training we had to reduce GHG by 5.2% below 1990 figures.